The CDMG has continued to meet monthly and discuss research prospects and pathways. The goals of the CDMG as originally envisioned include:
- Create a USA-based aggregate patient registry.
- Deploy omics technologies to help understand disease mechanisms and reveal biomarkers.
- Create model systems to assess biomarker conservation and perform high-throughput drug screens
- Obtain grant funding for research projects.
- Hold a symposium with patients and investigators to help train and build the research community.
We will report more specifics on these endeavors in our year-end newsletter.